Monday, October 28, 2019

An Outsider’s POV of Newport

Over the past few weeks of taking trips to Newport, I have come to the conclusion that Newport is trying to improve and become a better community, but it is attracting outsiders more than the ones already living there. I have talked to many people who live both in Newport and outside of Newport. I have gotten some perspective from the people who live in Newport from talking to them and my team members on this blog, but I wanted to ask a friend who lives right outside of Newport in Fort Thomas what he is excited about. I asked him simple questions and here is part of the conversation:

Q: What is your favorite part about Newport?
A: Strong’s Pizza. It is perfect walking distance from Newport on the Levee, it is a nice relaxed environment, and it’s a family style restaurant that I’ve been going to for years. Plus the prices aren’t that bad at all for how good it is.
Q: Are you excited for the new renovations in Newport?
A: I am, I have been going into Newport for years to hang out and shop: the pavilion, Levee and friends that live there. It’s going to be cool to see some new things to try in Newport.
Q: How do you view Newport? What are the words you would use to describe it right now?
A: It is a growing city, it is entertaining, and it has good business. It is a hub of activity that attracts younger people.

From just these few questions I can see that as an outsider he really likes Newport, but that is because he goes there to hang out rather than actually knowing the Newport community. This is an example of young people being attracted to Newport, but the next step is how do they learn about Newport’s future and hope to become part of the community?








1 comment:

  1. i love hearing about other people's favorite places, Strong's looks so good!

    ReplyDelete